Re: Auto-Wah and Clav... not quite

What about using separate envelope follower and filter plugins to make your own auto-wah ?

cheers,
ernie

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For several years I've lusted away over the Clavinet-through-Auto-Wah sound: the Stevie Wonder sound (also used notably by Herbie Hancock, Medeski, Martin and Wood, and others).

The problem is that either the LADSPA auto-wah plugin doesn't quite cut it, or the Clav soundfont I found on Hammersound several years ago doesn't have enough dynamic range to really make the thing "wah" in any noticeable way.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is the plugin not quite the best implementation, and if so, are there any better ones? Likewise with Clavinet soundfonts too.

-ken