Enable/disable toggle in jack-rack with Behringer FCB1010

OK, I know this is a 3rd level niche question, but if anybody has a clue it would be helpful.

I can bind the _expression_ pedal to any of the sliders in jack-rack. For example, I bind one of the _expression_ pedals which is set to send midi CC 27 events to the Cutoff Frequency slider of the Glame Butterworth X-over Filter and I've got a wah-wah pedal.

This is great, but the other thing that I want to be able to do is bind some of the footswitches to the Enable button for this and other jack-rack filters. This would be very useful in a live situation to be able to punch filters out and into the chain. It sounds like it ought to be easy, but I've been knocking my head over it. I have set two footswitches to send CC-26 1 and CC-26 0 respectively. Then in jack-rack I bind the Enable button to MIDI Controller 26 Min Value 0, Max Value 1. The good news is that when I hit the CC 26 0 switch, if the enable switch for the filter is active, it goes off. Half the battle won. But, I can't get the filter enable to go on with anything I've tried. Using PD I've verified that the pedal is sending the CC 26 1, but still no joy.

Any clues or helpful hints?

Regards,
Bill