Re: 24-bit files and hisss....

On Sunday 15 February 2009 02:17:38 Viktor Mastoridis wrote:> I couldn't play 32-bit wav files on any player, but they open fine and play> in *audacity*. There (if you wish) you can export them in 16bit> Also, Ardour, Rosengarden and Qtractor I suppose?> ViktorYou know, you may be onto something. I fired up kwave and loaded up a track. I see 6 wave forms, one for each channel. Awesome. I press play and glorious music fills my room.
So i fire up amarok and load up the same track.  HISSS! Horrible static fills my room and from the feel of it, a bit of blood fills my ears  :"/
So i press play again in kwave and am told that dmux is blocked.  I close down amaork and press play in kwave. It plays fine.
It seems to just be a "software is not ready problem.
But i don't get why it works sometimes in mplayer and sometimes it does not.
-- Bearcat M. ŞandorBearcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bearcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bearcatsandor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bearcatsandorAIM: bearcatmsandor