Re: clicking noise in all audio programswith new linux user

"I am a new ubuntu user who is trying to optimize my system to run ardour and audacity.  It's a dell d630 laptop.  I have installed both programs and Jack, but there is a constant clicking noise whenever i open any audio program including jack.  I think it has something to do with the latency, but i've tried all settings and the clicking persists.  I do not have programming experience.  Is there any advice you can give on how to set up my system."

If you don't have a realtime kernel you need to get one. UbuntuStudio is probably a good place to start.
Hope this helps
Norv

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.