Re: [Packet-in-user] album files (it isn't a troll)

drew Roberts wrote:> On Friday 21 March 2008 05:11:06 Frank Pirrone wrote:>   >> Aha, Philippe, the man with the missing "e."  I have a drum machine>> Roland DR-50 I believe, that has the ability to output its patterns and>> songs as MIDI files.  I'll hook it up tomorrow to my MidiSport interface>> and see if I can just pull them off.  If I do, I'll post them on our>> project site and let you know they're up.>>     >> Does anyone know if hardware drum machines claim any sort of copyrights in > thier supplied patterns?>> Are such basic parts even able to be copyrighted? Always? Sometimes? Depending > on?>   >> Otherwise, it's after 5AM here in EDT, so I'm not even going to ponder>> your non-trollish stuff above!>>>> Frank>>     >> all the best,>> drew>>
Hey Philippe - it's a DR-550mkIIHey Drew - there are no patents on paradiddles, for goodness sake!
Omigod...I swooned at the very thought:
USPTO#10987654321-0 registered to Microdruf®t of Redmond WA."any synthesized drum track that goes - boom chucka boom boom boom is the soul intellectual property of MD®  Please read the Yoolah® for restrictions on how our EyePee® or EP® may be used...conditions subject to change and Remote Disabling® or RD® of any composition representing an Xtension® or Derivative Werk, DW® of our EP®.  All Violateurs® or Vs® will be prosecuted to the fullest Xtent® of the Law or MD-L®"
NO, the drum patterns are NOT copyright.  If they WERE, once my head cleared a bit, I  would head directly to the USPTO and register every damned note of the 12-tone even-tempered scale left unclaimed.  The royalties descending like manna from heaven of that alone boggle the mind, but when I PATENT the means and methods of combining my registered notes RN® shit... already taken, I'll be rich Rich RIch RICh RICH beyond the very dreams of Croesus.