Re: Very low input from accoustic guitar pickup

Le Mercredi, 21 Nov 2007 20:44:48 -0500,lanas <lanas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>   Does this mean that I have to plug some kind of impedence adapter> between the guitar and the 1010LT ?
So I ended up getting a DI box and it works great.  I like a lot toplay bass, so I did not get a cheap one.  Would be too bad to have aless than optimal sound for something that I like so much.  So I got aRadial Engineering JDI passive direct box.  They are made in Canada andseems to be quite good.
http://www.radialeng.com/di-jdi.htm
I use the XLR output to connect to an XLR input of the 1010LT soundcard.
One question: although the sound is very good regarding the level andthe noise to audio level, bith at recordign and playback, Ardour onlyshows rather small 'waves' on the recording track.  I'd have to do anormalize to get a full scribble, which I don't.  Since the audio levelseems to be adequate, what is Ardour using to draw these curves ?  ormaybe I have to check it out against the waves made by the regularoutput of Zynaddsubfx.
Cheers,
Al_______________________________________________Linux-audio-user mailing listLinux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user