Re: Programs which use midi control knobs/sliders

Hartmut Noack wrote:
Parameter-Knobs/Sliders in synth-apps capable to react to
MIDI-control-messages.

Would you care to name some of these synth-apps?

So I can alter the subharmonics of the second
oscillator of a synth-patch

Sounds good, but I'm yet to find a synth which actually responds to midi controls.

while playing by comfortably turning a handy
knob on my MIDI-Keyb.(instead fiddeling around with the mousecursor)

That's exactly why I want to get mine to do things.

3. Is there any Linux software which will make use of them?

YES:

Alsa Modular Synth:

Great, that's sort of what I'm looking for, but how in the world do I use it? Most of the examples I load want LADSPA plugins that I don't have, and all the modules have lots of letters in their names with nothing to tell me what they actually do. And I don't know enough to create a piano sounding waveform from a bunch of oscillators.

Ardour:

I can't actually work out how to use Ardour. It's way too complicated for what I currently need. Does it even have a synth?