Re: Hideous dmix, alsa, jack, realtime and mixing mess

Folderol wrote:
Get Jackasyn for xmms. With that as the default output plugin xmms will
use jack if it's there or go direct if it isn't

Ok thanks I'll look into that. I've got audacious going at the moment and that works fairly well.

Also, if you use KDE, set arts to use jack then all the KDE, and KDE
based apps will send their sound to jack as well.

Arts? *shiver*
I always disable it- it lags like crazy. I think that's because it keeps suspending, but I don't need it anyway.

Thanks
Simon