Re: [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

David Adler wrote:
Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

Thanks Dragan.

However I'm still failing to reproduce these crashes here. It sure is
related to the connections item tooltips, as at least one other user has
reported and posted a very identical trace.

Please, I need you to tell me some more: is it just a matter of hovering
the mouse pointer in the connections window panes? does it crash regularly
on all connections tabs, ie. Audio, MIDI and ALSA, or just one in
particular?

There is a certain workaround to fix this, though, about getting rid of
the client/port items tooltips altogether: just comment the whole body of
qjackctlConnect::eventFilter() function, leaving in only the last return
statement (qjackctlConnect.cpp, lines 815-840). Not a nice fix I may say
:(

All you fellows that are currently experiencing similar crashes should
raise your hands and tell what in the world you have in common to make
this happen like so. Please?

Thanx
Crashes appear as soon as the mouse pointer is hovering above any item in any of the connections panes for more than about one second (not in the MIDI-pane here, but it is empty in my case).
david is right, as i see now, the crash appears always when mouse is not moving but being placed over any of clients name.
no matter if i try this in audio, midi or alsa tab.
When the pane-tooltip
what is the 'pane-tooltip'?
is already visible and i move the pointer above an item the crash occurs immediately.
If i am fast i can mark or expand things without crash.

So I can just confirm its tooltip-related - crash instead of tooltip. The pane-tooltips work, its just about the item ones. I checked possibly all others, they all show up.

debian testing, evilwm, version of qt4 is 4.3.0-2+b1, jackd 0.103.0-6
i am usind debian testing too, fluxbox, the same qt4 and jackd-0.103.0-selfcomiled binary.

cheers,
doc

I try to raise my hand but sadly do not (yet) know what we crashers have in common.
Tell me if i can give other information that might be relevant.

good luck,