Re: [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
David Baron wrote:
Quite nice. I applied that patch, compiled just fine.

1. How did the poster get that 0.3.0.1 deb?

Dunno. Maybe he/she checked out from todays' CVS HEAD, where I've made
some changes to make qjackctl work with jackdmp on... surprise,
surprise,... windows(tm).

2. Window title seems too small.

Did you copy your old ~/.qt/qjackctlrc into the new one location,
~/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf ? If thats so, that explains most of
all your problems below.

3. First try, setting the "midi driver" did not work, so chose "none". After that, choosing "raw" or "seq" does work. However, nothing shows up in the "midi" connections pane. (Everything appears on the alsa connections pane as defaulted.) Jack is most recent from Debian Sid. 4. I never needed to resize previous versions. Vertical size really should be set by the resulting widget sizes (current minimum). It should default to this in any event. 5. Current active/inactive icons have changed from the green triangle red box to red arrow/none. Was this intended? Does not change color or shape with "transport" actions.

There's no read arrow icon. Systray icon states should be as follows, as
they ever was:

- red square: Stopped, jackd is not running or is stopped.
- ligh-green arrow: Starting, jackd is starting...
- green arrow: Started, jackd is running.
- light red square: Stopping, jackd is stopping.
- light yellow arrow: Activating, jackd is running (but was not started
in qjackctl) and client is in (de)activating...
- yellow arrow: Active, jackd is running (but was not started in
qjackctl) and client is activated.

Cheers.
hi rui,
can you please tell me, where qjack0.3.0 will write his configuration file per default? as i understand it will not be in the same place ( ~/.qt/qjackctlrc), so for testing we could have both versions installed.

cheers,
doc