Re: Ardour: fixing errors in a recorded track (was: DAW usability)

On 6/17/07, Hein Zelle <hein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This probably belongs on an ardour mailing list somewhere, if so please
let me know and I'll repost it.  I'm interested in hearing people's
methods to solving such things, though.  Not being an audio-expert I'm
rather baffled by all the features and terminology used in
ardour/rosegarden/muse/etc, it seems like you're expected to already
know what everything means and how it's supposed to be used.

Yes, this belongs to ardour list, but not only. I don't find that off topic on LAU. You might want to forward the question list to ardour (but before that, take a look at the documentation if you haven't done so already : http://www.ardour.org/files/manual/index.html)

You rise the issue of the features/terminology which is one of those topic that may need some discussion. Whatever the software may be, Linux audio does have his specific vocabulary. do we have a Linux-audio-glossary somewhere ? I know Linux-graphics has one edited every year (well... used to have. The latest one is from 2004). It's a very convenient documentation that allows one to step in the Linux graphics world with less trouble.

The glossary is in french... Sorry, couldn't find a translation. Still, one can take a look at it here :
http://www.linuxgraphic.org/downloads/linuxgraphic_org_glossaire_illustre_2004.pdf

Cheers,