Re: [ANN] GMIDImonitor 3.0 released

On 3/19/07, Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dragan Noveski <perodog@xxxxxxx> writes:

> why is qmidimonitor appearing in the audio-connections-tab of qjackctl?

afaik, because qjackctl assumes jack == audio
this is false assumption for jack midi ports

Hi Dragan and Nedko,

Since I had a similar issue this week end while testing zynjacku, I'll
bring in my two cents...

As Nedko said, qjackctl does not know about jackmidi. I switched to
patchage to handle these ports.

To test some midi apps with a (physical) midi keyboard, you'll need
jackmidi_alsaseq :

http://www.nabble.com/jackmidi_alsaseq-0.4-t3330968.html

At present, jackmidi ports are only application midi-in and midi-out.
jackmidi_alsaseq is a bridge that will create a jackmidi port to
receive and send midi events to and from a regular alsa seq.

Have fun !
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.