Re: To MacBook or not to MacBook, that's the question

Thomas Vecchione wrote:

Third reason? Powered Firewire port(Pro version of Apple laptops only). I can also count on one hand the amount of PC laptops with this single feature. Now I will admit flat out, the apple laptops only provide 7w of power on their firewire ports as opposed to the spec of 15. But it allows me to run my interfaces that draw power off the port with no problem and I don't have to lug around a wall wort.
Of course decent firewire is a huge plus for me (as a freebob developer). However, the lack of cardbus on MBP is a serious con, as I frequently need 2 host controllers for testing, and it is convenient to have a built in and a cardbus one for that.

Pieter