Re: intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2

Lee Revell wrote:
On 3/10/07, carmen <_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
everything is made by Compal, Quanta, and ASUS. can you really discriminate by western "brand" ?

if Apple is selling a notebook for $1099 and HP is selling the same thing for $599, i'd get the HP - call me crazy

How do you know it's the same thing?  Even if the specs are identical,
I would expect Apple to have a much better QA process to catch things
like singing capacitors that most PC buyers don't care about.

Although, Apple's quality control has slipped a lot lately - the 2006
Macbook I am typing this on had to be returned to the shop to fix the
infamous "random shutdown disorder".

At least it didn't set your house on fire! (Google search for "Dell laptop house fire" or something like that ... )

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx