Re: real-time MIDI scripting?

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Florian Schmidt wrote:

On Saturday 10 March 2007, Larry Troxler wrote:
Hi. Is there any scripting language out there that can read and write
Alsa MIDI? I want to do things like remapping, intelligent, dynamic,
keyboard splitting, assigning certain notes to close-open applications,
sending alternate notes to different MIDI channels, and things like that.

pd of course is a possibility, but at the moment I'm having problems
getting pd-extended to run in 64studio, and regardless, I'd like to
explore the text-language route.

Larry

Well, SuperCollider can hande midi on the language side (the server side of SC
doesn't even know what midi is)

Implementing a simple midi filtering function should be a three liner once one
has got a grip on SC.
<snip>

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org

Looks good, except I'm running in 64 bit mode, and I think I read that SuperCollider does not (yet) run in 64 bit mode.

Larry