Re: Looking for an external sound card for 'nix -- recommendations?

you can use a PCMCIA->PCI adaptor card to use an Echo Indigo in a desktop now..and notebook tomorrow.

I hadn't thought of this, and after reading about the Indigo I'll
definitely keep this in my option pool.

i seriously considered firewire, before going with the echo PCI solution again (theres been one in my desktop since i first switched to PC from Mac in 2001).

Maybe I'll take a look at Echo's regular PCI cards as well, after all,
I don't plan on getting a laptop for a while.

Thanks,
-Lou