Re: guitar amp emulation

2007/3/6, Leonard Ritter <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:> hi everyone,>> i'm looking for a good e-guitar tube amp/distortion effect for jack or> ladspa. does somebody have a good recommendation?>>> --> Leonard Ritter>> -- Freelance Art & Logic> -- http://www.leonard-ritter.com>>>
1) The Revalver MKII VST plugin at http://alienconnections.com.I know it's a VST and that sucks! You can give it a try by downloadingthe demo version that outputs some white noise once in a while but isotherwise fully functional. Personally I don't like the CAPS pluginsfor distorted sounds, vintage or modern. Revalver MKII lets youconfigure the amps by tweaking the electronic circuit if you need somuch flexibility.
2) The Vamp-PRO from Behringer, it has an exceptional price-featuresratio, I got mine second hand (in perfect conditions) for €90. TheVamp2 is even cheaper, it doesn't have digital or balanced outsthough.
What kind of distorted sounds are you looking for more specifically?
Cheers,
-Giuseppe