jack midi vs alsa midi

Hi

Just realized my post got burred in another thread, so here goes in a fresh thread:

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

> Having audio and MIDI perfectly synchronized is a must in my
> vision. There is no point of using JACK if you use ALSA too.

Really?

I haven't yet used it, and think alsa midi works just fine. Exactly where (real world scenarios, please) is jack-midi superior the the degree that the current approach is pointless?

And I'd also like to hear a quick hand up: Who's using jack midi exclusively and who's using alsa midi?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk