Re: mp3 patent / microsoft

That's exactly what I mean.  No one cares when people abuse the broken
US patent system to make life hard for a bunch of free software
developers.  Maybe things will improve now that it's happening to
people like Research in Motion and Microsoft and big pharma, who are
in a position to buy some legislation to fix it.

Yes but do you really think they would buy legislation to fix the system, or just to strengthen their own position?

I will agree it is an example of the system being abused.

         Seablade