Re: ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

Michael Bohle wrote:

Please read the website and the comments from Lucio, he made an article about this discussion and he pleased me not to make an ANN in this list about his apps anymore.

See http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/index.php?entry=entry070226-191811
Well, that is a remarkably short-sighted response. And it is hardly an "article" about this discussion.

OTOH I don't demand that Lucio or any other developer explain himself.

I see clearly...

Forgive me, but no, you do not, any more than Lucio does. You've reduced a complicated state of affairs to an "us vs. them" scenario. Are you reading my responses ? Do you understand that there is a considerable middle ground between the polarities of open and closed source ?

There are other developers of Linux audio software who are not active on LAD or LAU. Interestingly their user-communities are also cut off from these lists, i.e. there's no communication with the larger world of Linux audio development. I do not consider that a "good thing", but again it's a matter of choices, and if those users are happy with the situation, then more power to them.

Best,

dp