Re: Linux music editor, greater than 32-bit ?

Hmmm, wouldn't there actually be TWO channels for audio - stereo?

There are as many channels as you hear. They are just not represented in the same way as images, there are in actuality, as you surmised, two 16 bit 44.1 kHz channels, so we would have a 32 bit setup there if you did the same thing graphics do, we just choose to give the overall resoltuion and the amount of channels as two seperate numbers, as each channel will usually have the same bit depth.

         Seablade