Re: cross platform FOSS audio software list

On 1/30/07, Chris McCormick <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alright, I'll have a look there and pick a few select apps to point
people at. I guess the main thing is that these people are academics
and practicioners, not tech people. They don't care or know about
compiling. They might have a hard time getting into something like Pd
or Csound even. I was hoping for a short list of apps like Audacity
which are user friendly and quickly understandable and Free and cross
platform. Things like Firefox that regular people will go "Wow, this
is Free!?"

These are the people I hang out with too.  I forgot an obvious one:
ZynAddSubFX.  That's relatively mainstream friendly.  If you want
friendlier than that, I think Audacity pretty much covers everything
except stuff like CD players.  Lilypond is cross-platform, but again
not very friendly.
Ardour would be a great example, if it ran on Windows.  lol, your
question turned out to be a painful one.
I just looked and apparently ZynAddSubFX doesn't work so well on Mac.  lol

-Chuckk