Re: iLok protection on Linux

On 1/9/07, "Josh Lawrence" <hardbop200@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think your best bet would be to contact Muse Research and ask them,
since they have gone to the trouble to figure it out.  The chances of
them letting that information go is slim, but hey, you don't know
until you try.

We implemented iLok support in Receptor through a special arrangement with Pace, the makers of the iLok. We wrote a winelib DLL that accesses Pace's "secret sauce" code that Pace built against our 2.4.19 based kernel and usb libraries.

So, at present, there is no general use support for it. But I am sympathetic to your goals and will ask Pace whether they are interested in general Linux support ... as time permits. But, frankly, we are a small shop and time doesn't permit much these days.

You might do well to ask Pace yourself. They are at www.paceap.com.

- Michael Ost
Muse Research, Inc.