Re: status of ams

Hello
I just rediscovered ams. What a nice synth! Actually I started implementing some of the few things I feel is missing. However it seems to me that nobody's using, at least the mailing lists are totally dead. So:

1) Anyone using it?
I regulary try it and I am really amazed by the sound. But many parts of the sound is based on LADSPA plugins and I work now with these in my preferred environment pd, archieving the same sound.

2) If not, why? Don't need/understand this type of synth? Use something else (what) instead? Technical reasons/limitations?
Handling is a bit clumsy. Screen estate is wasted by the big objects, no subpachtes available and I always accidently connect wrong ports. I think small changes here and there would have great effects in terms of usability.

3) If you ever tried what did you love about it and what did you hate? Did you find user friendly? Did it perform well?

4) To rephrase 2): If the project was resurrected, what would it take for *you* to start using it.

A nice thing would be a separete storage of patch settings. I want to create a synthesizer (the patch) and store different sound settings like on a non modular synth since the 80s. So I can recall different sounds without reloading the whole dsp graph.

I could also look in the code, its a timeproblem at the moment.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner