Re: Alsa sound card order.

Not to butt in but... <heh>

Hmmmm I've got to mess aound with my setting for a 'new' junk machine I am fooling around with...

If it was just for OSS applications you could do re-directs in the device drivers I guess... I've got to do that one myself sometime this week because I'm setting up two 'cards'... one on the mother board and the other as a PCI card...

Alsa sees these two cards 'backwards' to my way of thinking and need... It sees the mother board card as 'card1' and the plugin card as 'card0'...

I alsa need to set up /dev/dsp1 to card1... Alsa only set up emulation to /dev/dsp (/dev/dsp0) and ignors the second card altogether...

It's been quite awhile since I have done these simple tasks and need a refresher course... for sure ;-O Seems 'X' has got me away from the console <heh>

I keep listening to this thread... I need an education too...

Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

thanks too also...
vince