Re: 64 studio

Malte Steiner wrote:

In general I am happy with 64 Studio. Nonrealtime stuff like Cinelerra is much more responsive too. What I miss are some packages but I guess they will be added/updated soon. Namely csound 5 would be great, I cant get it running at the moment. The repos holds an old 4.23 version and a pure data version without many important externals and a bug with the tablewrite function. I tried to compile on my own but failed so far, I get many errors, I already posted to the appropriate mailinglists.

Hi Malte:

I've successfully compiled Csound5 for AMD64 and 64Studio. I posted a notice on the Csound-dev mail list, IIRC you'll need to add -fPIC to the compiler flags. You'll also need to have the various dev packages for things like libsndfile support, FLTK graphics, etc.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

dp