Re: snd-ls: help with selections

Forest Bond:

Hello,

I am using snd-ls 0.9.7.12.  I have searched through documentation, and fail to
see how I can define the end point of a selection started with C-space.  Am I
missing something?  I would like to move the cursor into position, press
C-space, move the cursor to a new position, and press some key to have the
selection end there.  I am expecting to see a high-lighted selection at the end
of that process.

How do I do this?  It's such a simple thing, yet I can't find any info anywhere?

I don't know if theres anything built in, but its relatively easy to add a keybinding to do it yourself.

To let C-space select both start and end of selection plus cancel it, put the following lines into your .snd-ls file:

(bind-key (char->integer #\ ) 4
	  (let ((selstart #f))
	    (lambda ()
	      (let ((set-selstart! (lambda ()
				     (report-in-minibuffer (format #f "Selection start at ~A" (cursor)))
				     (set! selstart (cursor)))))
		(if (c-selection?)
		    (begin
		      (set! (selection-member? #t) #f)
		      (set-selstart!))
		    (if selstart
			(begin
			  (c-set-selection! (c-selected-sound) 0 (min selstart (cursor)) (max selstart (cursor)))
			  (report-in-minibuffer "")
			  (set! selstart #f))
			(set-selstart!)))))))
(load-from-path "snd_conffile.scm")

BTW, I am not an emacs user.  Perhaps things would be clearer to me if I was.
(I'd be terribly interested in a vim-like snd, BTW, if anyone knows anything).

I'm sure it would be possible to customize snd to become more like vim.