Re: Re: The famous "Jack Hum" (Can't record and desparate)

James McDermott wrote:
>>I don't trust Dell hardware.

>I've found people to have very differing opinions about dell.

My experience with Dell is that you get what you pay for.

Yes, from talking to someone who works on the assembly line in Dell
here in Limerick, they seem to have totally different manufacturing
standards, tolerances, etc, for the high-end laptops and for the cheap
ones.

Well, my experience with Dells was desktops and laptops aimed at business. The employer I mentioned earlier, where switching to Dell hardware tripled our hardware troublecall rate, was primarily using desktops, not laptops. So I'm guessing that the hardware was not coming from the cheap end of the Dell spectrum.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx