Re: Cannot get qjackctl, jackd, alsa working.

Rui,
I do not know what an "audio" group is. Is that a file permissions group? An explanation in newbiese would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
David Froseth wrote:

Rui,
   I went through the UbuntuStudioPreparation steps when I first set up
my system.  I asked for help on the Ubuntu Studio forum and nobody would
reply.  My limits.conf file contains the lines:

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock 250000
@audio - nice -10

I have no idea what this stuff means but it is there.

And Hartmut, I have a Pentium D 930 Dual-core Processor. I don't think
the ubuntumusique-repo kernel will work with this.

Any more thoughts on what I should do?

Is your username part of the "audio" group as I implied?