Re: Cannot get qjackctl, jackd, alsa working.

Patrick,
Thanks for responding. The output in my previous message is from the 'Messages - JACK Audio Connection Kit' window. I start this from the Applications menu. If I run qjackclt from the command line, I get:

:~$ qjackctl
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
Warning: no locale found: /usr/share/locale/qjackctl_en_US.UTF-8.qm

Any ideas?

Dave

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
David Froseth wrote:

I am trying to get jackd, qjackctl, and alsa working on a pentium d desktop running ubuntu edgy. I am getting these error messages when I start qjackctl:

ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
12:38:49.469 Could not connect to JACK server as client. Please check the messages window for more info.
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.024 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.012 msecs
12:38:57.669 MIDI connection change.
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.534 msecs
12:38:58.077 Could not connect to JACK server as client. Please check the messages window for more info.
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.124 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 2.709 msecs
12:39:01.196 JACK is stopping...
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 2.769 msecs
jack main caught signal 15
no message buffer overruns
12:39:01.333 JACK was stopped successfully.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

There are a few possibilities.

- How are you starting the jack server and which user - root or normal?

- Is this the output from the qjackctrl error window or the command line?