Re: Re: Radio Interference problems when recording

Lee Revell wrote:
On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 20:05 -0500, jmacdermott@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by ferrite beads, or how to place them on the cables?
 What leads are the hot leads on the cables (I assume you are referring to the
XLRs?)  Sorry for being so dense, but I'd appreciate it if you could explain
this to me in greater detail (like a two year old, say?) ;)

If it hasn't been suggested already, get one of those cheap plug-in
circuit testers from a hardware store and make sure all circuits are
grounded properly.  I keep one in my guitar case.  This is a good idea
for safety reasons anyway.

I second that suggestion. You changed locations, so the circuits your equipment is on now are different from before. If your circuits are shared with notoriously-noisy electrical equipment (washers, dryers, stuff with electrical motors in them, IIRC), RF filters and power conditioners will make the difference.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx