Re: autotune in ardour

On 9/18/06, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My singing is not at good as it could be, but I'd still like to do some
demo tracks. Is there anything out there that will autotune my voice,
maybe in the form of a ladspa plugin, for use in ardour? Should mention
that I've never used anything of this kind before and all my recent
recording experience is under linux with ardour...

Look up the LADSPA plugin, "phase-vocoder based pitch shifter" (or
something like that), which does a quite good job at very slight
tuning adjustments.  It is completely manual, though, so you have to
edit the plugin automation in Ardour for best results.

I have done this on one song, and had reasonable results, but it took
a lot of effort.

Let me know off-list if you want to hear the before and after...

-TimH