Re: so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

Ryan Heise wrote:
On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 09:34:25PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
I didn't make the track in question. However I have remixed several tracks which incorporate samples from other peoples work with varying degrees of appreciation from people who have listened. I am not the only one to do it and I defend the freedom I have to do it whether it is deemed illegal in some countries or not.

On the surface, this seems like a good argument. I scratched my head for
a while trying to figure out what was wrong with it, because something
seemed wrong. Finally I came up with this:

It does not follow that since you appreciate/enjoy something, that you
ought to have the "freedom" or "right" to do it, because sometimes
things that you appreciate/enjoy doing can impact negatively on other
people. When this happens, the law often steps in to protect the other
people.

My heart bleeds...

We are talking about music as art not terrorism.

It's definitely in the realm of artistic credibility to go against the norm or break the law to make a statement or create your personal masterpiece.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

"Anything your mind can see you can manifest physically, then it will become reality" - Macka B