Re: Two soundcards with JACK

Lee Revell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 00:17 +0200, Johan Mattsson wrote:
Hi,

I want to use JACK with two soundcards simultaneously, there is no need to sync them so I thought it might be possible. I copied the example multi .asoundrc from the ALSA documentation and started JACK. It seems to work; all ports show up but when I connect anything JACK exits immediately with some thing like: "Driver NT could not run drive cycle jack main caught signal 12".

Since I do not have internet connection i my studio it is a little complicated to provide more info, but there are two soundcards one Vortex something that uses au8820 and one Cirrus something card.

Any idea what causes this?

This cannot work.  The .asoundrc you used was probably for a
configuration with two identical cards.
Thank you , I did not know this.
You should run one jackd for each card and use jack_diplomat to connect
them.

Lee

Having several instances of jack seems like the solve, I am not interested in sharing audio between the two cards.

What is jack_diplomat? I found nothing about it on the jack website.

Will qjackctl work with this?

Johan