Re: Re: which graphics card?

Furthermore even if transparency is done on the graphics board, it
still takes up more cpu-cycles. So my fine sessions with ~10
TAP-plugins and Jamin and hydrogen + transparency take up way to much
cpu-power (over 50% that is).

Yep that is why I had never bothered in the past, though something like that could be very useful to me so that I can free up desktop space elsewhere. I am actually looking at replaceing my single core processor with twin dual core processors, and as it is it does take a little bit for me to use up most of my processor(But I still do it;) so I can probably afford the cycles if it helps my workflow.

That and I already have a NVidia card and dont have a problem using the binary blob;) Though I am safely staying out of this conversation for the time being, Lee and I already discussed viewpoints on this once in recent past, so no need for me to repeat it at the moment I dont think.

        Seablade