Re: which graphics card?

Hi,
2006/6/24, Rob <lau@xxxxxxxxx>:> I'm not the guy who> buys the "No, I will not fix your computer" T-shirt from> Thinkgeek.
I haven't bought that t-shirt either...
My solution used to be to hand them a copy of Knoppix and say to> use that as a backup, but my social circle and family includes> many AOL users and gamers, not to mention the shift towards> laptops with wifi chipsets that can't be set up without an hour> and a half of nerd intervention.  That, and the tendency of> people to go, "You fixed my computer once, now come back and fix> it again" increases by an order of magnitude when I give them> Linux.  Sometimes you just gotta know what your limits are.
Funny thing is that even my girlfriend realised the advantage of menot giving support for "friend": More time with her ;-)
Thats why I tell them that I am a software-DEVELOPER and otherwisehardware and software just has to work for me (which is the reason Ino longer use windows if there isn't a real good reason like UT orCorel Draw [*]).
BTW: I am one of those nvidia-binary-users. :-) And it works, evenwith low-latency-audio and semitransparent windows. Seeing ardoursmeters behind the tracks _is_ nice!
Have a nice weekend,
Arnold
[*] Yes, I know. Ut can be run on linux too and inkscape is a goodreplacement for Corel, but the files are in Corel and currently I onlyhave to do minor modifications on them. Not enough to switch them overto svg...
PPS: Wir werden Weltmeister!-- visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/---Wenn man mit Raubkopien Bands wie Brosis oder Britney Spears wirklichverhindern könnte, würde ich mir noch heute einen Stapel Brenner undeinen Sack Rohlinge kaufen.