Re: RT and Jack problems

Quoting Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hiram,
  There are a few things to discover:

1) Are you running Jack as root or a user?

- First, try running Jack as root and see if these problems go away.

Gruß Dich, Mark
I tried running it as root, works great.

2) Assuming you run as root without problems then the issue here is
probably one of permissions. However it is not /dev/rtc that needs to
be changed. Infact, nothing in /dev should be changed for this to
work. You either need to install the realtime-lsm package, create a
realtime group, add yourself to that group, and then load the realtime
module telling it to grant realtime permissions to that group. For
this to work you need a kernel with Linux Capabilities enabled in the
security section of the .config file.

I recompiled my kernel with the required module, I created a realtime
group, added my user to it and loaded the module. lsmod reports
it's loaded. However, I still get the same error messages when running
muse. :(

I also noticed that when running qsampler with ALSA output, not JACK,
I get this in the messages window:

22:30:07.751 Channel 0 Some channel settings could not be set. Sorry.

Alternatively there is a PAM based solution to this that is newer but
I haven't used it.

Hope this helps,
Mark

It does.