Re: Some basic questions

Hi Bruno, welcome to the list.

For recording, the weapon of choice is Ardour.

As for Hydrogen, I think it's a very good drum machine for playing with or jamming, but I wouldn't use it in music production.

The sample kits are rather limited.

I'm working on a series of drum sample kits for the excellent ZynAddSubFX synthesizer.

If you prefer acoustic samples, I would get them from http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/, and load them into the sampler Specimen, and trigger them with the sequencer Seq24.

This way you will have unlimited supply of samples because there are constantly people recording samples and uploading them to the freesound project, while hydrogen samples largely depend on the work of one person.

Carlo