Re: How to get around PID attached to jackd clients?

Hi Robert,

Robert F. Scheer wrote:
On my Ubuntu Dapper system, I'm having trouble with jack clients such as xmms and jack-rack showing up in the list of clients with their PID (process ID) attached to their app-names.
My convolver program BruteFIR expects the clients to have fixed names.
actually in BruteFIR you can leave the name unspecified, and then BruteFIR comes up without connecting to other clients. Then you could use jack_connect and jack_lsp (or something like that) to find the client and connect to the right clients. This can then of course be done with a script which finds the right ones or done graphically with QJackCtl.

sincerely,
Marije