Re: multichannel streaming

Hallo!

You can setup an icecast server to stream different channels and you build an embeded player dedicated to play a stream for each channel in your web pages.
yes, that's what I thought too ...

I think the bigger problem is the right-management:
There is a database of recordings on the server, and only registered users (students) are allowed to hear those. So if a user wants to hear record A, then a stream should be opened (maybe a new mount point ?) and only this user should be allowed to hear the stream ...
Is this possible with icecast or with something else ?

(but I think I should write that to the icecast list ... ;)

Many thanks,
LG
Georg