Re: OT: need a mixer

Josh Lawrence wrote:
I'm using a Delta 44, but I'm thinking about replacing it since it has
no XLR ins for mics.  Maybe an Edirol UA-1000 or UA-25 and a headphone
amp (as mentioned before).

When I bought an interface I chose the Delta1010 because of it's balanced I/O - leaving me free to upgrade my mic-pre's whenever I like.

RE the bigger picture;

A small 'fix' to my mixer (documented in it's manual) allowed the 4 mic pre's to be assigned to independent outs, thus leaving the tape-monitor/output section free for headphone amp duties (I also added external switching to route the playback/monitor to hifi, monitor or none - independent of the headphone).

Add to this the Envy chipset's zero-latency monitor, and I have the choice of low-latency 'wet' monitor, or higher latency 'dry' monitor.

I don't know your equipment, but this may be a useful setup for you (single headphone of course).

HTH
Rob