Re: OT: need a mixer

Josh Lawrence wrote:

A little off-topic here, but I need a mixer.  I've got Ardour working
great now, and I'm ready to do some recording, possibly some live recording of my trio. Here's my problem: I need a mixer that will let me listen to the current mix, and only send what I want to record to my inputs. My Mackie 1202-VLZ did this via "Alt Outs." I could press a button on a channel, and only that channel went to the alt outputs, meaning I could listen to the whole mix on my mixer and only
 record what I wanted to.

So the obvious answer here is "buy another Mackie," but they are a little pricey. If I can get out cheap, or maybe buy a higher quality
 mixer used, I would do that.  I've looked into Behringer mixers, but
they don't seem to be able to do the alt output trick. Also, there are a lot of digital mixers on eBay (EZ-Bus, Tascam, Roland, Yamaha 01-V) that look good and only cost around $300 or less.

Any opinions?  What are you guys using in your home studios?

I use Ardour and a Delta1010 (with some outboard DSP gear and mike
pre-amps). With the Delta1010 and a pair of monitors and a headphone
amp, I find an outboard mixer superfluous. What are you using for your audio interface?

-- Brett
--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com