Re: How to setup dmix with m-audio audiophile usb

Florian Ladstaedter wrote:

Hi,

I am struggling with setting up the alsa dmixer with the M-Audio Audiophile USB sound card. The card works well (even better now since alsa 1.0.11rc4/linux 2.6.17rc1) but only one application can access it at the same time. Internet search gives a lots of results for asound.conf dmix configurations (and that it should work out of the box with recent alsa versions) but the M-Audio seems to be special, as always. So,

1. Is this a stupid question? (I am a newbie...)

Latest alsa should do it for you automagically.

3. Can jackd and simple alsa apps use the soundcard at the same time with dmix (theoretically, if it would work)?

Technically it should work but there are better ways. Like setting alsa to use jack output. It may be possible to have it dmix to jack output but I haven't tried that.

cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

"Anything your mind can see you can manifest physically, then it will become reality" - Macka B