[OT] First trip to Europe

Hello, all!
Me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Europe for a month betweenMay and June.It will be our first trip abroad, so please help if you can with a good advice.Since it's not so easy to get out of here (russia), and I can't visitall that great & numerous openlab's etc., one of the main goals is"community building":I'd like to meet (at least some of ) you, LADs/LAUs, in person.
Current plan is (yes, it's huge):MoscowSt.Petersurg--HelsinkiStockholmBerlinKoelnBrusselsLondonParisBourdeauxMadridBarcelona,FigerasGenovaMilan?RomeVeniceViennaPrague--Moscow
There are two main questions(lonelyplanet.com helps a bit, but residents can say much more):
1) what is the cheapest way to travel inside europe?Bus? Airplane? If it's by air, how can we buy cheapest tickets? Whichcompany? How much days before the flight? etc. Or may be hitchhiking?
2) how hard is to find cheap place to sleep?
AND
Where can we meet YOU?
Sorry, we don't know exact dates as we are researching on europeanvisa (trip begins from Helsinki, since it seems the easiest way to getinto europe).

Sincerely,Dmitry.