Re: debian unstable kernel - low latency? preemptive? realtime-lsm?

Florian Schmidt napisał(a):
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:11:12 -0500
Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, the realtime lsm is indeed a valid option, but it looks as if the
debian realtime lsm source package is broken (or better the default
debian kernel config doesn't work right with it).

sth like this.you have to compile realtime-lsm from source (ver 0.8.5 or later..) before you try to compile realtime kernel..

Or it's too friggin complicated for me ;)
not, its easy..after 5 times it will die - 6th should be ok ;)

You can install Ubuntu Dapper where this Just Works (finally!).

well, but ubuntu seems to be simply too much..ubuntu :)) - I do mean all of thouse xxxxxx-ubuntu.deb's and the rest of problems with it..

Thanks for the tip, but personally i just stick with my debian install
and simply continue building my kernels from source :)

;)) right - however in my personal opinion gentoo seems to be more attractive for workstation due to the development, new tools etc..
This install is several years old. I got used to it :) No distro
switching for me in the near future.

;)) ok, however - my point of view is... ;))
Flo

regards,

--
Piotr