Re: info about demudi

james scott wrote:
Hello been lurking here for a while and just thought
I'd pop in here for some helpful advice.
I have now installed Demudi several times and would
have to say it works out of the box for sure.
However as "Demudi" that is where it stops as Demudi.
Note I have no knowledge of the continuing development
of the distro but I have yet to accomplish a
straightforward  upgrade.  I get nothing from their
repository and if you attempt an upgrade while X is
running you will end up with some issues that are
seemingly not "easy" to resolve.
Some of the libraries that are part of the upgrade
will make the default window manager unusable.  A good
example is libc6 ends up having issues with locale
settings (which may be simple for some) and others
cannot be upgraded while the X server is running.
I have found that if you set your repositories to
debian and init 1 and run apt-get from there it will
work.  For now I have found the activity around the
"planet" is far more progessive than that of Demudi.

Help may be available and problems reported via the mailing list
http://lists.agnula.org/mailman/listinfo/users

There is also a ticketing system for bugs reports/problems at http://demudi.agnula.org/newticket

robin