Re: Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Lee Revell wrote:

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 13:01 -0800, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
But please, IMO, don't pay for any non-open source software. There are
lots of excellent p2p tools you can use to get the software you need. Please don't support makers of non-open source software.

What?!?!?  Are you serious?  This is terrible advice.  Just because we
don't like their business model does not give us the right to steal from
them.

How can we expect people to abide by the GPL if we don't respect their
licensing terms?  Stealing proprietary software is exactly as immoral as
proprietary vendors ripping off GPL'ed code.

Lee

Even worse.
If you use proprietary software without paying for it, you're promoting it (in various ways, for instance telling people how you did your album) without having the cost into the equation.

It's like saying that in this world if you want to make quality music you have to afford the price of commercial studio software and that putting out your album is more important than change this situation.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com