Re: Re: favorite window Manager for making music?

thewade wrote:
<snip>

has a "desktop" and a customizable menubar able to do menus inside of menus?

fluxbox cant seem to display a "desktop" and iconbox only does icons and isin't really a menu system.

The gnome screen: http://aproximation.org/transport-screen.jpg

-thewade
The,

What is it about a "desktop" that you want or need? I've consciously abandoned the Windows, and I guess the Macintosh desktop paradigm, and don't feel any need for icons, trash cans, start buttons, and all that other eye candy paraphernalia that makes getting meaningful work done look like you're employed by a nuclear (or is that nucular - damned you Bush!) power generating station.

GUI things seem to work fine in Flux with dragging and dropping possible if the particular apps are coded appropriately. There's just no way I could work faster if forced to click on more things. For me Fluxbox very efficiently supports a melding of command line power and graphical convenience. Especially with that transparent mc thing I mentioned in my first posting in this thread.

Frank