Re: Re: favorite window Manager for making music?

Quoting Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@xxxxxxx>:

XFCE, the shining star among all linux desktops, with audio menu open.

http://xthost.info/capocasa/xfce4audio.png

Carlo

How does this do for processing overhead?
I have been using fluxbox on my "performance" machine because it is lightweight but there are some features that I would like to have that don't seem supported in that manager. I use gnome 2.10 on my other machine because there isin't much you can do to make a pentium 700mHz speedy enough to do a lot of realtime processing.

Lets say your building a machine for live realtime processing performance using PD: what windomanager is lightweight enough to not draw too much CPU power away from the audio apps, yet has a "desktop" and a customizable menubar able to do menus inside of menus?

fluxbox cant seem to display a "desktop" and iconbox only does icons and isin't really a menu system.

The gnome screen: http://aproximation.org/transport-screen.jpg

-thewade