Re: Ubuntustudio + ACPI + Jack issues

Lee Revell wrote:
Try booting with ACPI enabled but kill any battery, fan, etc monitors -
anything that seems likely to talk to ACPI.  Some of those utilities are
really braindead and poll the battery status constantly which can put
the CPU into SMM mode which is quite bad for latency.

After disabling the xfce battery-monitor, and that's the only one I know of, there are still error the messages from jack.

I also tried to jump over to APM, but appearently my Inspiron 8600 doesn't support it, since I get this error message in /var/log/messages: "apm: BIOS not found." when I do "acpi=off apm=on" in the menu.lst. Can't find anything wich smells of APM in the BIOS either, and google can't give me a straight answer.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.1go.dk/